With spring just around the corner, now’s time to start this year’s home improvement projects. If you’re thinking of maximizing […]
Don’t Be a Porch Pirate Victim
We’re all doing more online shopping, so that trend is sure to continue during this upcoming holiday season. The trend of online shopping has been on the rise for years, and – in fact – one recent study found 59% of respondents receiving at least one package per week in 2020. So naturally, we’re all getting more deliveries to our front doors.
Unfortunately, many of those delivered packages sit unattended for hours. Guess who this attracts? Local thieves! A recent study found that 43% of homeowners reported having a package stolen – up from 36% just one year earlier. And of those who have had a package stolen, more than half have had it happen more than once. Ouch!
CNET recommends 7 more practical tips to discourage porch pirates:
- Install a video doorbell
- Install a Home Security System
- Take advantage of package tracking and know when your packages will be dropped at your door
- Have your packages delivered to Amazon lockers
- Invest in a porch lockbox
- Require signature on delivery
- If you have a freestanding mailbox at the end of your driveway, purchase a mailbox sensor