At First Impression Ironworks, customer satisfaction is our number one priority. We strive to provide our clients (Customer) with superior service, quality, and communication when creating your artisanal iron doors. In order to ensure a clear agreement and understanding of the First Impression Ironworks terms and conditions, please review the following content prior to placing an order through our website. Access and uses of this website are subject to all applicable laws, along with the terms listed below:
- Payment Terms. A minimum of fifty percent (50%) of the purchase price shall be paid upon acceptance and execution by Customer of this signed Sales Contract (the “Deposit”); the balance of the purchase price shall be due and payable prior to shipment. A service charge at the rate of eighteen percent (18%) per annum will be charged on all accounts remaining unpaid after the shipping date. In addition to the service charge, First Impression Ironworks will charge an administrative fee of ten percent (10%) of the outstanding past due balance. Customer is responsible for payment for any collection fees, i.e. NSF checks, credit card chargeback, other applicable bank fees and/or administrative fee(s).
- Termination for Non-Payment. In the event Customer fails to make payment to First Impression Ironworks of any amounts due and owing (including any service charges and administrative fees), First Impression Ironworks shall have the right to terminate any Customer(s) order or any unfilled portion thereof, and First Impression Ironworks may terminate any other agreement between First Impression Ironworks and Customer(s).
- Product is shipped FOB. Gilbert Arizona: Customer assumes all responsibility and legal liability for goods purchased. First Impression Ironworks agrees to coordinate pick up with Customer’s freight First Impression Ironworks.
- Inspection and Rejection. Customer shall inspect all materials upon delivery and ensure that any visible shipping damages are reported to the shipping First Impression Ironworks and compensation for shipping damages will be between the shipping First Impression Ironworks and Customer. Customer will inspect the products shipped at the time of delivery and if any apparent defects are discovered, Customer will promptly notify First Impression Ironworks.
- Specifications. Subject to standard manufacturing variations, the product(s) shall, at the time of delivery, meet specifications provided by Customer and attached to or set forth in the Sales Contract. Customer acknowledges that design and layout may vary based on the dimensions of the product because all First Impression Ironworks products are handmade and custom fabricated. First Impression Ironworks will strive to deliver a custom welded product that is as close as possible to the vision of Customer’s request, however, Customer acknowledges variations will occur as with any form of hand welded metal work. Customer acknowledges that designs provided by Customer will not be redesigned, altered, amended or re-engineered by First Impression Ironworks. First Impression Ironworks assumes no liability for any errors in designs provided by Customer unless otherwise agreed in writing or prohibited by applicable law; all designs submitted by Customer may be freely reproduced, used and sold by First Impression Ironworks.
- Disclaimer. All Permits, approvals, site preparation, adherence to building/contractor codes, product fitment for intended use, installation and maintenance are Customer responsibilities. Customer is responsible to ensure there is sufficient structural overhang to prevent leakage.
- Touch up Paint. Touch up paint is supplied for Customer use. When applied properly, touching up a Powder Coat finish with liquid touch up or spray touch up paint can provide a satisfactory finish.
- Warranty and Refunds. First Impression Ironworks guarantees that all Iron doors, Gates, Rails and other products sold through our website will be free from defect in material and craftsmanship. Inspect your product and report any shipping damage to the freight First Impression Ironworks and document any shipping damage. For concealed damage or defects, inspect your product immediately upon delivery and report any issues to our customer service department. Our customer service team will replace any substandard product or parts that have been deemed defective at First Impression Ironworks sole discretion. No other warranties, expressed or implied, including warranties of fitness for a particular purpose and merchantability, shall be binding upon First Impression Ironworks, and Customer hereby waives any and all statutory or equitable warranties.
A. Single cylinder deadbolt locks are standard on all fii products. If customer chooses double cylinder deadbolt locks, customer is responsible and agrees to abide by all applicable city ordinances and codes. A spare key must be kept in close proximity of any double cylinder deadbolt locked door at all times to prevent delay of egress during an emergency.
B. Risk of bodily injury exists when operating heavy iron doors and gates, including crushed or pinched appendages, severe bruising, lacerations, fractures, head injury, paralysis, or death.
- Limitation of Liability. First Impression Ironworks shall not be liable for any inadequate substrates or structural deficiencies affecting installation, for any injury, death, or other claim arising out of Customer’s misuse of any product or Customer’s failure to observe any warning or instructions for use related to any product, including without limit claims for personal injury, wrongful death, punitive damages, or other tort claims of any kind. Customer assumes the risk of use of all products provided under this Sales Contract. Customer’s exclusive remedy against First Impression Ironworks and First Impression Ironworks sole obligation for any and all claims, whether for breach of the Sales Contract, warranty, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall be limited to First Impression Ironworks replacing products that do not conform to the specifications or, at First Impression Ironworks option, refunding the purchase price. In no event shall First Impression Ironworks have any liability for damages in an amount exceeding the purchase price of the goods sold hereunder, nor shall First Impression Ironworks have any liability for incidental, consequential, or punitive damages.
- Custom Cancellation Policy. Due to the custom nature of FII’s product(s), if Customer cancels this signed Sales Contract seventy-two (72) business hours after signature, the Customer is responsible for total payment.
- Miscellaneous. These Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) shall be interpreted, construed and enforced pursuant to the laws of the State of Arizona, without regard to conflicts of law principles and will bind and inure to the benefit of the heirs, successors, assigns, and personal representatives of the parties. First Impression Ironworks reserves the right to enforce these T&Cs at any time and none shall be deemed waived unless such waiver is in writing. All rights and remedies granted herein are in addition to all remedies available at law or in equity. Customer agrees to pay all costs of collection incurred by First Impression Ironworks to collect any unpaid amounts owed by Customer, including reasonable attorneys’ fees. Customer shall pay First Impression Ironworks reasonable legal fees and court costs incurred in enforcing these Terms and Conditions.First Impression Ironworks products are hand forged and individually finished in our factory. Minor differences in these products are normal and to be expected to achieve the “hand forged” look, and is not a defect.If you live in a climate where the temperature typically falls below freezing, we do not recommend the exclusive use of an iron door in a cold climate.
Many homes in “cold climates” have Storm Doors” over their entry doors and these are normal in cold climates. Our Iron doors “ARE NOT” Storm Doors, they are front entry doors.
- Maintenance. For ongoing maintenance, keep in mind that exposure to natural elements and frequent use is expected to cause iron product to naturally age. We do not recommend direct exposure to water, any damage or changes to the products brought on by frequent use or exposure to the elements is considered an organic process that cannot be prevented, and is not thought to be a defect that is covered by the terms and conditions of this site.
- Indemnity. Customer agrees to indemnify and hold First Impression Ironworks and its affiliates harmless from and against any and all liability, claims, losses, costs, and expenses including but not limited to attorneys’ fees that rise from the client’s violation or breach of these Terms and Conditions, arising from the client’s violation of any third party’s rights such as trademark, copyright, proprietary and privacy rights, or regulation or ordinance. This indemnification and hold harmless obligation will survive the termination of these Terms and Conditions.
- Copyright. Please note that all content on this site (text, graphics, specifications, logos, drawings, designs, etc.) is the property of First Impression Ironworks and protected by United States and International copyright laws. Except as otherwise specifically provided on the site, none of the material may be copied, reproduced, downloaded, distributed, republished, displayed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of First Impression Ironworks.
- Risk of Loss. All items purchased from First Impression Ironworks are made in accordance with a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon tender of the item to the carrier.
If you have any questions regarding the terms and conditions specified above, contact us by sending an email to irondoors@1stImpressionIronworks.com